Sunday, April 12, 2009

Do triplets make people lose their brains

So I havent posted in a while due to all the great work Amber has been doing. However I feel the need to vent. So bear with me as I hop on top of the triplet dad soapbox.
So yesterday was a great day, weather wise down here. So we took advantage of it. We started off the morning heading off to the flea market at the state fair grounds.. Now we should have expected getting a little attention, first this was the first visit for the triplets to the flea market so we were defiantly a new site... Second we decided to use the choo choo wagon so I would guess that its kind of an attention getter... However I think it was the start of a day of meeting some very odd people..So right away as we enter the flea market there is this lady holding a little dog, and all of a sudden in a little baby voice she doesnt start talking to us, or even the trio, but to her dog, telling the dog look at the three babies and how cute they are and how they just have each other... Right.. so we move faster...... A little later on we were stopped cause Amber wanted to look at some stuff when this guy comes up to us and makes one of the weirdest statements ever i think.. He says...." i guess you heard of the octomom, well I guess that makes you the tripmom.." WHAT????
So we end our trip at the flea market and head over to a local farmers market.. Again we unload the kids into the choo choo and head off...So we and I am talking to a vendor and Amber fending of the fans.. This older woman comes up and starts talking to the kids and Ruari in particular.. Before anyone of us can say or do anything she leans over and kisses her on the top of her head... AGAIN I ASK WHAT??????
Well we blow that off and continue walking around, The next thing I hear is a man and woman making the usual "ohhh how cute comments" I look up to see a woman focusing her camera on the kids.. I hop over the choo choo and start waving my hands saying, "NO ma'am, NO. She looks up at me like Im crazy.. She says I wanted to take a photo cause its so cute.. I really say sorry no photos...What I wanted to say was maybe I should take a photo of you crazy lady.... I mean really do people just see multiples and lose their minds and all common sense.. If some stranger tried to take a photo of a singleton baby they would find themselves in handcuffs and answering the hard questions.

We have always understood the challenges that come with dealing with the public with our trio and maybe its just cause we havent been out due to RSV season however we had our fair sure of crazy people run ins.. Now dont get me wrong we dont mind talking to people and answers most questions of life with triplets.. Just stay on this planet and unless your related to us dont touch and dont take photos.... I think those are pretty simple rules.....

Ok Im getting of my soap box...for now....


2 comments:

BuckeyeBundle said...

Right there with ya, friend! It's crazy isn't it?
I seriously just avoid eye contact as much as possible, but I'm with you, No touching and no pictures. We aren't the exhibit you came to see.

Hope you had fun the rest of the time. Any good flea market finds? It's been forever since I've been to one.

monica said...

Oh so true. Love the sign. Just post that on your choo choo wagon when you go out and refer to that when they start taking pictures. Sorry people are not smart when talking!