I will be honest, when a follower asked about how we financially handle raising triplets I was a little apprehensive to address the subject. I would say any father wouldn't be so up front about his family's finance no matter what the size of his family is. However I hope shedding a little light on how we manage will hopefully show other new multiple families that it can be done.
I would say the one big word to describe how we do it financially is BUDGET. Our budget however has become very fluid as the age of the kids have changed. More of this, less of that. Like any other household budget we set aside funds for the basics; housing, utilities, car expensive.
Our budget can seem a little larger then other families in other areas. Food, especially now that the kids are off formula and eating 3 meals a day plus snacks. Health care, imagine the added expense of just paying 3 x the copay every time you walk into the pediatricians office. Of course there are some other larger expensive that multiple families see that those with one child don't. Our monthly diaper budget of course is up there. As of today we go though about 5 diapers a day, x 3 is 15 a day. The average size 4 box has 84 diapers. So we have to buy a box about every 5 days. Add on that the cases of baby wipes we use.
Clothing 2 girls and one boy all growing is a task. We are very lucky that both grandma and grammie love clothes shopping for them. We also take advantage of sales and specials, such as gymbucks and carters cash.
I have no issues bringing up the fact of government aid. When the kids were first born we determined that our family was eligible for WIC. The biggest benefit we received from WIC was formula. I don't think there would have been any other way to provide as much formula as we needed. WIC is a great resource and we were thankful that we were able to fall under the plan.
So there is a small peak into the financing of triplets. Of course we have still have many money mountains to climb, family vacations, college, weddings. first cars, sweet sixteens. We know we have a long road ahead, however we always keep close to heart that God has always provided for us and our children and with his guidance we will continue to provided the best for our family.
The end: 18 years, 8 months
4 days ago




4 comments:
Hey - you won my First Impressions giveaway - email me at nbjenni@gmail.com
I worried about the financial strain of having triplets but as you mentioned, the Lord definitely provides. I'm glad you have been able to make ends meet, what a blessing!
You have gorgeous children! My twins were born in Aug. of 2008!!
hi again. Hughes is also my maiden name!!
Post a Comment