Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Piper's Birth Story

Well my mom and dad offered to babysit Saturday so we could get out for a "date", so we went for a late lunch to Chili's. We had some salsa and then had a little spicy food for lunch. We then took a short walk around L.L. Bean. and then home we went. Later that night at around 10 pm I was regretting eating at chili's. I kept saying the had this horrible gas pain. Well it continued till about 12 when I was sure I was having contractions, but they were nothing that was regular. So I tried to sleep but kept getting up and walking around. I finally told Dh that I thought I was having contractions at 3am. He started timing them and they were about 7 minutes apart.

At 4 we called my mom to come and watch the kids. We left for the hospital and didn't take us very long to get there. So by 5am I was in L&D. I may add that my Ob did tell me at my appointment on Thur day that is was their weekend off (great right). So a Dr. comes in to talk to me and check me too. So around 6ish I'm 3 cm and they want me to walk for an hour to make sure they don't want to send me home. Well after a half hour of that I'm done and feeling really strong contractions. They check me again 4cm, sweet.

Next I'm moved to my room where I will be delivering. They asked me earlier if I wanted an epidural and I was like sign me UP! I also couldn't stop thinking about the part in the movie Knocked Up where they had no clue who would deliver their baby. I kept think please don't let me have some crazy Dr. deliver this baby. But that god that didn't happen. I had a great Dr. she was so nice.

I got the good drugs and was able to rest for awhile. I was also given pitocion (sp) to keep the contractions more regular. By noon it started going really quickly, at around 1 ish I was ready to start pushing. I push for less than an hour before she was born. Everything happened so quickly is was crazy. But our sweet baby girl was born at 1:44 pm on January 31st. I had some nasty tearing that took an hour so fix. But I'm so happy with my choice to have a VBAC. I'm breastfeeding this time around also and doing well with it so far.

If you followed this so far thank you. Please excuse any mistakes, my brain may not be working still. lol

4 comments:

Mommy, Esq. said...

I was very eager to hear about VBAC and BF post-tirplets. My biggest concern for VBAC actually is severe tearing. But I figure the surgery recovery could be tough too (it wasn't last time but I had infant twins and now I have two toddlers). Congratulations!

TripMomma said...

Congrats!!! I am glad you are happy with VBACing. I am torn on that subject myself. Yay for BFing too...way to go! Hope you are healed up in no time.

monica said...

Congrats again! Nice to hear about a wonderful birth story!

MDtripmom said...

Congratulations on your beautiful daughter and for a successful VBAC! I'm debating now what to do for my next delivery so it was interesting to read your experience.