Tuesday, May 27, 2008

No more of the Blue Shirt..

Ok first a bit of the back story. The last time two trips Amber and I have had to make into L&D I have had on this blue Eddie Bauer button down shirt. Well rushing to get out of the house for our doctor's appointment the first shirt I grabbed was all wrinkled and Amber said I looked a mess so I rushed into the bedroom and the first thing I grabbed that was clean was the blue shirt. So we head off to the doctor's Appointment.....

So we are in the ultrasound room and the babies are all looking good. The last thing the doctor wanted to check was a cervical length. Well this is were the problems started. So the first picture we get is amber's cervix with a fair amount of funneling. The length was only showing at about 1.3cm. Now last week we were looking great at 3cm. So the Doctor starts asking Amber about her contractions, and yes Amber has been having them here and there. So the doctor wants to place Amber on the monitor to see how many she is having. No sooner do we start talking about contractions does Amber start having them. Well after about 15 minuets and 5 contractions the doctor had enough and sent us across the street to L&D.

Well back off across the street we went. After several hours and two rounds of medication we were able to quiet down the contractions. Amber is tired but her and the babies are still doing fine. We had back to the doctor's officer on Friday and trust me, NO BLUE SHIRT!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, is it official that you are now entering into WK 30???!!! You have done a tremendous job of keeping your babies safe and growing inside ...

GO AMBER GO!

We can hardly wait to meet your precious babies. We missed you, Jamison and the babies at graduation.

xo, Diane & Katie Anne