Monday, December 15, 2008

Milk and cookies disater..

Yesterday was milk and cookies with Santa at our MOMS group. We dressed the babies up in their Christmas outfits and headed out. Well once we got there no one was really there yet, not even Santa. I know it might be kind of busy but wanted to give it a try. It started to get busier and busier. A line had started to form so we wanted to jump in and try to get a few pictures. Well that is when the meltdown started. Emma started to cry while we were in line. Declan continued to spit up all over his bib, we had to take it off it was so wet. He then spit up all over his clothes. Ruari was the calm one and happy as could be. Emma started to calm down, Delcan was cleaned up and it was about our turn with the big man. Well we put little Miss Ruari in Santa lap and everything went to hell. Ruari took one look and him and screamed. Declan sat there as happy as could be. Emma also started to scream again. The one and only picture we got was horrible. I'm going to post the picture always.


I have to say I kind of understand how it happened. I want to say right now that if anyone from my MOMs read this I'm sorry but its how I feel. The whole was not organized very well. First it was very advertised which is great, but here is the problem. They was no way of knowing how many people were coming. An evite was sent out, but I'm sure not everyone got them. So their were way to many people for such a small space. They advertised as no rush to see Santa like at the mall, but I felt so rushed. The other thing was it was for only an hour. With that many people it was hot, crowed, and uncomfortable. No wonder our poor kids melted down. I just about cried. How do you other ladies with triplets or more do it?

4 comments:

FrenznickFive said...

do you know anyone with a santa suit? we are on RSV lockdown so wont be taking them to see santa but i probably wont attempt for a couple years anyways because like you mentioned it's no fun being rushed! so what we are doing for the babies first visit with santa(my tripes are 9months) i am having my dad dress up in a santa suit and we will just take pics at home by the tree, no crowds, no sick people, no rush! but i figure they will meltdown anyways since they will freak out at the santa suit i'm sure! ah well those will be the pics we will look back on at laugh! i think your pic is cute meltdowns and all :o)

MDtripmom said...

Yes, that indeed does sound like a disaster! I hope you didn't have to pay for that picture! Our local MOMs club had a Christmas thing with Santa yesterday that we opted not to go to but now I'm curious how it turned out.

Max and Karla said...

I was tempted to do a Santa picture but finally just dressed Marcus up as Santa for our Christmas card :) Sounds like a hard time. My kids would have probably been worse. Marcus would have vomited all over Santa..several times, Mia and Marcus would have screamed and Josie would have been in heaven.

The Wilsons said...

I just wanted to say sorry that you had a disasterous time! :( I think doing anything gets challenging with the boys, I can't imagine throwing another one in the mix. HUGS!