Friday, April 24, 2009

Book Signing with Kate Gosselin

Well today another mom and I went to hear Kate speak. We went early to get seats so that we could see and hear her speak. I know how other people feel about her, some love her others hate her. Jamison and I are somewhere in the middle. I thought I might be nice to here an experienced mom of multiples speak.

Well she started by coming out late. And then she only took questions. She never really spoke about anything it was just a question and answer session. It may have been the stupid questions that people were asking. When asked about being famous she said she hated that word and that if she could do it over they would have chosen not to. The whole time she seems to be inconvenienced to be there, it was mainly the comments to a few of the questions. She then signed books and a picture of herself. We waited in a huge line to see her and but time we got there she didn't even talk to you. I said that I loved, her and that I had triplets an the she just smiled at me, not even a word. I felt like a dumb ass. I thought we moms of multiples were supposed to stick together.

Anyways, no worries Jon and Kate fans, the show is coming back. She said something about filming a new episode and then another new book is coming out, some kind of cookbook. I starting to become a Kate hater. You want to see a real mom with multiples come to our house. Its craziness, three wild kids, two crazier dog, and a disaster of a home. All in all we have fun.

9 comments:

MDtripmom said...

I'm sorry you didn't have a good experience with Kate. I stopped watching months ago because like you said, we live raising multiples everyday! :)

Annie said...

eh...she's always bugged me. She always acts like it's an inconvenience at the fact that she makes A LIVING off her multiples...come on...you're not fooling anyone. Normal MoMs don't have perfectly highlighted/cut hair, whitened teeth, perfectly dressed (and perfectly dressed/matching children), free plastic surgery, free trips, free EVERYTHING...just isn't "reality".

Ann said...

I'm glad you posted what happened. It is good to hear about actual accounts of what takes place. I stopped watching the show because it did not seem like real life anymore( the trips and special treatment).
I hope someone will ask Kate the tough questions soon, like is she saving all these $$ for the kids? How much time does she spend at home? since it seems like she is signing books or speaking almost everyday per her website. Can't wait for that cookbook, take 2 paper plates per kid, put down some grapes and crackers and a yougurt cup and call it dinner!

Sassy said...

Thank you for your honest account of your experience with Kate. I cannot say I am surprised. She has a way of making people regret coming into contact with her. She is too full of herself and is missing precious moments with her children in order to sell their 8 Little Faces. She should be ashamed of herself.

laura linger said...

Your babies are absolutely precious, and I love your blog template. Sorry that your experience with Keight was a bad one, but I cannot say that I am surprised. She's an awful, awful little person.

MorganfromWV said...

I can't believe you got treated like that after taking time out of your busy schedule, and time away from your own chilren, and money out of your own pocket!! She could have atleast asked about your children, how old they are, or where they are in their development! All Kate cares about is Kate!

The Q family said...

What a let down, but I have heard that from other moms I know who went to an event. I agree, reality it is not! I liked it in the beginning, but it is getting pretty ridiculous now!

Kim said...

It is a shame she is acting that way.

BTW, your kids are CUTE!!

momofone23 said...

Your babies are beautiful!
I haven't watched that show since last July. Up till then it seemed ok. I can't stand the fact that she charges for everything, like they are a namebrand instead of kids.
Best of luck to ya and your brood.