Wednesday, April 8, 2009

The monkeys birthday is fast approaching

Well ,we have started to think about birthday plans Declan, Emma, and Ruari's First Birthday. First, let me say that I'm a detail freak. I like to have certain things planned way in advance. It may come from the art side of my. I also come from an O.C.D. family. My dad is a clean freak and my sister is a list maker. Back to the main show now. We have decided to do a monkey/jungle theme. We call them our little monkeys all the time. So hence why not. We are going to do two parties. One here at our home, with friends. The other will be with my family in Pittsburgh. Our family only gets to see us a few times a year. So sharing this special day means a lot to us.

I'm going to try and make them simple, but special. I have found a few great things I wish I could get, but I know I can do a few things myself. The things I can't do I will make it work. I found both of these on http://www.etsy.com/ . I love them but I know Jamison will have a fit if I spend that much money. I really loved this dress for the girls.

This is a monkey shirt or onsie. I wish all three of them could have the shirts. They are like twenty seven dollars each. If anyone can sew and can do either of these please let me know. I'm great at art and crafts, but no sewing.

Jamison and I are so very excited for our babies to turn ONE. It has gone by in a flash. I maybe because we walked around like zombies for the first few months too. We have all most made it. And as my moms of multiples say, we can see the light in the distance. Next just a different set of challenges.

7 comments:

Christa @ Quintooples said...

Oh I LOVE the dress!!!! I wish I was crafty. There are so many things I could do.

I am a terrible seamstress as well. LOL.

LOVE that dress. SO cute!

Christa
www.quintooples.com

Debbie said...

Sooo cute. They only turn one, one time...go for it!

monica said...

Love the monkey theme idea. It will turn out very cute. The dress/onesie in very cute also but $27 each a lot!!

Congrats on being featured at MoM's!

Amy said...

Great idea for your birthday theme!

Happy FB Day on Multiples and More! You have a very cute blog, and adorable little ones!

Anonymous said...

Visiting from Multiples and More blog and I just had to say we also choose a Monkey theme for our babies 1st birthday. We had really cute monkey cakes, if your interested in what they look like I have them posted on my blog if you do a birthday search you should find the post.

You have a super cute blog, and your babies are even cuter. Congrats on being featured today.

BuckeyeBundle said...

Love the idea! As Sara said on the bump, I made my own shirts for my girls' 1st birthday because like you, couldn't justify spending $30/shirt X 3! YIKES! So I picked out fabric, found some cheap stencils, bought WonderUnder (iron on fabric stuff) and PRESTO...I had cute (or at least I think they were cute) customized shirts. I spelled out O N E with a flower and put them on different colored shirts. Total project including the shirts was probably under $8 each and really fun! Maybe you could find a fabric that already has some monkeys on it or something that would be easy to just cut out and then you could get more fabric for the hat part. I love the monkey theme. We did rubber ducky theme. ps...I know this is long...but I have to say...why haven't I bookmarked you blog before now? Darn, I need to add you to my list! You kiddos are so cute!

waymom said...

I found a pattern and brown and pink fabric. About how much do the babies weigh and how long they are?? I also already have a very similar pattern for a boys sunsuit.
Please send the measurements to way_heather@yahoo.com. By the way, I am not some random crazy person, my husband-Robert, works with Jamison at North Hills.