Well I have been working on a project for the last week or so. I thought that it was time to share. Someone shared this other great blog with me and as soon as I saw it I fell in love. I do have it in our blog roll, Life in the fun lane. Ok so I though wow I spent all this money to go to college for art and don't even use it anymore. I know we don't talk much about Jamison and myself to often so here is a little about myself. I majored in Art Education. I taught for awhile before the kids were born. I'm trained in all forms of art, but I would say my strength is painting. I really haven't done anything since before the kids were born. Don't get me wrong I love nothing more then being a stay at home mom, but I need something for just myself. Well I think I have found my new hobby, taking furniture and refinishing it.
Here is the first piece that I'm working on right now. I bought an armoire for $50 from craigslist. It is in great shape just a horrible color. This is the before picture. It is still a work in progress. I have been trying to spend my free time working on it. But with triplets my free time is very limited.

So after two coats of white primer this is what our armoire looks like. So now I have to just paint it and put new handle and I'm set. Jamison helped my pick out a great off white color. Can't wait to finish it and share it with everyone.


1 comment:
Very nice! I'm glad you are finding a bit of time for yourself to use your talents. I need to do the same!
Post a Comment