Well now that I'm home I will update everyone. I started to have contractions during the day, nothing really new though. As the day went on and turned into night they got worst and very painful. So a call is placed to the doctor at 11:00 pm. Come on in she says. We get their and yet again strait to a room I go. YAY!. I get to change into my oh so stylist gown. My butt is now on display for the whole world to see. Oh yeah and pee in a cup, more fun. I'm so huge like I can see what I'm doing. I will not go into details. Use your imagination.
They set me up in the torture bed as I call it. I swear the bed was broken. But anyways they have to put the babies on the monitor to check them. Don't worry all is well with them. Well they find that I'm having some wicked contractions, I knew that. So i earn myself an exam now. It seems that I''m 1 cm dilated. Wow! that's what I said too. On top of all this I have a bladder infection. The doc thinks maybe this is causing the contractions.
I now have earned myself an IV and a shot of terbutaline, and a bag of antibiotics. So the nurse gets to stick me with needles now. The IV sucked bad so it hurt for the rest of my stay. So after two shots of terbutaline that didn't work, I was switched to procardia. That seemed to do the trick.
Its now around 3am and they tell us to get some sleep. Jamison got a little and I got none. The torture bed did not help. I did at least got breakfast in the morning. The contractions have not stopped all together but have slowed down and are not so strong. I get to go home with a list of new drugs to take and try.
I'm really hoping to last another two weeks. I don't know if that is really going to happen, only time will tell. The babies are doing great, it's just my body is starting to give up. Well time for more meds. We will update if anything changes.
The end: 18 years, 8 months
4 days ago




3 comments:
Hang in there Amber. Those babies will do great if born now so do not worry. If you deliver at Rex my daughter works in L&D there so maybe she will get to take care of you. Best of luck and we will pray for you.
We will pray that you make it for at least another week. Hang in there and just relax if you can. Will you deliver at REX? They have a great L&D department there. I know some of the nurses.
I'm a few days late reading this, but I hope you and the babies are doing great. Hang in there!
Post a Comment